Thursday, May 08, 2003



If I had a million sea cucumbers...

I find that there a lot of things I would do if I had the time/money/super powers/any motivation whatsoever. For example:

If I didn't have finals next week, and didn't care how much money or time I wasted, I would fly myself down to some tropical region and not leave. My time in Aruba last January for my bro's wedding has me spoiled. Now I HAVE to travel to some place like that again, although next time I think I'll ditch the family and either make it an adventure with friends or perhaps even a romantic rendezvous (of course, it would help if I had a worthy guy to rendezvous with....but let's not get nit-picky).

If I could easily move from location to location, without the annoyances of leases, hauling my belongings, getting/maintaining a job, or the protests of my parents, I would live over in Minneapolis for the summer, move down to Chicago after I graduate in December, stay there for a while and then maybe move out to Boston for a year in preparation for moving to Europe and staying there the next year. All I would really need to be happy then is either to learn the art of "instant transmission" from Goku, get some flu powder from Mrs. Weasley...and a chimney, or figure out how to build a teleportation device so that I could stop home or visit friends in seconds--I can get lonely fast.

If I would take the time to learn how to make my own website, I could finally have real pictures on my blog. Not that I have any really worth all the trouble--sorry no nakey pictures...although, come to think of it, I do have a picture of Tyler and Mahoney's asses thanks to Joe Elmer swiping my camera.

If I had the real inner drive and motivation, I could get some of my writing published. Yeah, I am planning on becoming an English teacher, but I've always planned on being a writer as well. That would work great except that I'm one of the biggest procrastinators I know AND I have a really hard time getting myself to do some things. Heck, I've been trying to motivate myself to write a new blog entry, and it's taken a few days now. ::sigh:: Someday I'll learn.

If I had a million sea cucumbers, that would be so cool :) Does anyone know why a sea cucumber is one of the coolest creatures in the world? Anyone? Anyone? The sea cucumber is by far one of the most kick-ass creatures because it has the ability to spew out some of its internal organs when a predator threatens it, in this way appearing very, very dead and unappetizing. When the threat is gone, the sea cucumber can seal itself back up and regrow those organs, all in the same day. So now you know, and knowing is half the battle ;)

No comments: