Friday, May 02, 2003



Breaking the norm, Breaking the norm!

Today I decided I'd break the norm by doing one of these prescribed blog entries from Friday Five. Soemtimes they're...not so good and are as interesting as staring at a piece of wallpaper. This one's not too shabby:

1. Name one song you hate to admit you like.
Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You"--I can't help it. As lame as it is, when I hear it I just want to belt it out at the top of my lungs.

2. Name two songs that always make you cry.
"Without You" from the musical RENT and U2's "With or Without You"...they both have to do with....yeah....

3. Name three songs that turn you on.
that song..."Girl I Wanna Make You Sweat".....okay, I"m not sure if really turns me on, but it does sort of gross me out.
I can't really say that any song particularly turns me on. Unless you count songs that happen to be playing when something else turns me on...cuz then it could be everything from Big Band to techno ;) ....::sigh::

4. Name four songs that always make you feel good.
B-52's "Love Shack"
Jimmy Eat World "The Middle"
Queen "Bohemian Rhapsody"
Sum 41 "In Too Deep"
....I could name many more, but these are a few of the top ones I play when I want to feel good :)

5. Name five songs you couldn't ever do without.
Otis Redding "Sittin on the Dock of the Bay"
System of a Down "Chop Suey"
Incubus "Drive"
Linkin Park "In the End"
and as of late: Saliva "Rest In Pieces" has been in my head for at least part of the day almost every day--tis a good song.

There are many other songs I wish that could be on this list, ones that seem to be part of who I am--old and new--but did not come immediately to mind, like:
Dee Lite "Groove is in the Heart"
Jason Mraz "The Remedy"
Green Day "Brain Stew" and actually a lot of other Green Day songs
many songs by Blink 182, like "Adam's Song" and "Dammit"
Simple Plan "Addicted"
Benny Goodman "Sing, Sing, Sing"
Gloria Gaynor "I Will Survive"
....and many many others....I could go on and on, but since it's probably of more interest to me than any of you, I'll stop now. Have a great weekend :)

No comments: