Sunday, August 17, 2003



So I own not a notion

"I escape and ape content. I don't own emotion; I rent." Something like that. I'm really confused. I thought I knew what was going on, and now, I'm not sure. I thought I had doubts, and now I'm doubting that I have doubts. What happens if I doubt that I'm doubting having doubts? Exactly, who the puck knows? To put it more plainly, when I started dating Craig it seemed like a good plan. Then, I started having doubts about the whole thing, with the age thing, old feelings, soon to be long-distance, and differences all coming into play. But THEN, I have a night like last night when it's back to having a pretty good time and wondering if I'm just being too rash and panicking perhaps due to the fact that I might be afraid to enter a long-term relationship. At this point, I really don't know. I want to give Craig the chance he deserves. But does he deserve someone like me? Or someone who will understand him better? Do I see a future with him? Or am I "still looking for something more extraordinary than that?" I think I need to time to work this all out in my head. Problem is, will the distance this fall help me clear my mind or just add to the confusion? One of the questions in my mind that does plague me is: okay, put this way, would I choose Craig over someone else? And not necessarily someone I've even met. It could be some great guy I meet someday. Just WHAT exactly am I willing to risk? For now, I'm dancing between giving things time to develop and stalling--one minute doing one or the other. I just hope it all works out alright. ::sigh:: relationships are a pain in the ass. You'd think I'd have learned that by now :P Guess I'm a slow learner.

No comments: