Thursday, August 28, 2003



Sleeping the night away

Wow, I slept a REALLY long time last night. I crashed around 7:30pm, waking up once when my housemate checked in on me, not realizing I had totally zonked out, and once when I realized it was 12am and I still had my clothes on and contacts in my eyes. Groggily, I half crawled to the bathroom, took care of my contacts, somehow possessed the motor skills to don my pjs, and sprawl upon my bed. I didn't get the motivation to get up until almost 10am. Granted, me out of bed before 10am when I don't HAVE to be is considered a miracle by some dictionaries. So I got a LOT of sleep last night, which enabled me to actually get a few things done today. For instance, I stopped by the campus and checked on my finances, checked email and chatted online, went shopping a little with Heidi, had some dinner from the deli, did some "homework" for class on Tuesday, and now I'm blogging! May not sound like a whole lot, but it took up some time. Oh, and I called Matt from EC, even though I wasn't sure he deserved it, because I'm a nice girl and thought I'd be a good friend and let him know I'm in town. However, today and tonight he's busy and then this weekend I'm off to MN!!! So no hanging with Matt until perhaps next week...maybe. I'm not going to avoid him like the plague, but I know I have to be guarded--he has a way of sweet-talking that I just don't buy into anymore. Not only am I currently registered as "unavailable," but he also fairly ticked me off at the end of the school year last year/the beginning of the summer with his whole disappearing act. Bleah, guys.

As for Craig, I talked to him once on the phone after he gave me a call, and we've emailed a bit. Talking to him online probably won't happen often with me not having an overly convenient computer to use and being gone at school all day. Still, we're doing okay about keeping in touch, so I'm not overly worried. I feel bad that I have so many things on my mind and I sometimes forget about him, but I'm trying. I'm sure he's running into the same thing, though I'm used to the whole long-distance gig. Of course, when I was doing it last time, it was after Mike were together for a while and knew each other quite well...and had professed our love to each other. At this point in the game, I'm not ready to profess anything. I probably won't for quite a while, not with all of this time apart...it makes for getting to know each other better quite difficult. And I need more time before I can honestly say I care that much for someone. I can't even sign my emails with "love" though he did, probably from habit or something. I just do the little "Katie :)" which hopefully says enough. It's all kind of weird, but still good and I think I can handle it just fine for now. When school gets me busier, it may be harder to keep the optimism, but then again, it'll also give me less time to think about stupid things and it'll get me through the boring or lonely times. And you know I can't help but look ;) Besides, I wouldn't want Craig to just give up looking either--you just never know what hand life will deal you.

I guess that's about it for now. It feels good to be blogging again, and I'll try to keep up with it despite the inconvenience. I'll just have to hope my students don't find this blog ;)

No comments: