Thursday, October 02, 2003



Oh yeah, and another thing....

Yeah, I forgot to mention: NOTA sucks. For those of you that don't know, NOTA is the literary magazine published twice a year here on campus. This was my last chance to get into NOTA as an undergrad, and of course, they rejected my stuff. And of course, like usual, they put in like 3 poems each of their favorite authors. I understand the whole anonymity thing, and the fact that "they can't help it if they like more than one poem that happens to end up being by the same author" but dammit, maybe they should. Don't they think it might be a good idea to give some other people a chance? Does one person really need to get 3 or more poems published in the same dang magazine? Personally, I don't think so. I think that the sacrifice would be worth it to give someone else a chance, to have more authors in there. But, then again, maybe it's just me. At this point, I really don't give a rat's ass anymore. They don't like my writing, fuck them. I like it, and one of these fucking days, I'm going to get published.

No comments: