Thursday, October 02, 2003



Join the club: get a cold!

Wow, it seems like everyone I talk to (including myself...) is feeling under the weather. Today I had to call the school and tell them I was sick. I felt bad doing that, knowing I already left early one day this week because I didn't feel well. I thought it was just a light little sickness, but today I woke up just feeling nasty and I could not find the energy to get out of bed. I hope my students did well on their quiz today--I hate to leave them hanging like that.

Oh, guess what! I got an email from Angelica, my old roomie from Sweden. She's still looking forward to Jenny and I visiting her after Christmas. I was sort of wondering how she was doing, so it was great to hear from her. She was in Australia for a month or so, with her boyfriend who was studying there. Now they're both back in Sweden and it looks like things are getting back to normal. Glad to hear she's doing well. And it will totally kick ass to actually visit her in a few months.

Yeah, one more month! Can you believe it? This is going to be one heck of a trip. I know that when I'm there, I'll be so busy and have a blast and it'll just totally rock. right now though, it makes me a little nervous. I'm glad it's coming, just that, there's so much to do before then. Like, searching for jobs and sending out resumes, figuring out what I have to do to get a MN state teaching liscense as well as a WI one, try to save money as my funds dwindle away, pack up, and see as many friends and family as many times as possible before I go. Not to mention, I still have a month of teaching at the middle school. And then there's one particular reason why I'm not totally psyched for London...a certain someone I'm going to miss A LOT. Okay, so I will very much miss Tricia too :) But I was really referring to Chris, this totally sweet and surprising guy that has completely swept me off my feet in the last month. Yep, it was one month ago yesterday that he and I, in the early hours of the day, had our first kiss and started something...wonderful :) I can't believe how much has happened in just one short month....and in one short month, I'll be away for 2.5 months :( I know it's not THAT long in the scheme of things, but I know I will miss him more than he can imagine. I'm not really worried about what it will do to us, because I know I care too much to do anything to lose him. But I know it will be hard.

Strange that I have had such a turn around in just a month, hm? I mean, a month ago, I was "dating" Craig, having doubts about him but figuring maybe I just needed time. Ha! Yeah, shows what I know about myself. Life is just so screwy sometimes. Four years ago, I thought I had my life and love all figured out. Three years ago, I still thought I had all the answers. Two years ago, I had some difficulties, but I thought I had overcome them and my life was well set. A year ago, I was totally chaotic, my mind, self, and heart everywhere and no where all at once. Through that year, the very values I have held most dear were called into question. And now, now I can actually look back at all of this, and see how and why I am at the point I am. I can acknowledge that even though I seem pretty well settled, I'm sure I don't have all the answers yet. I can realize there are a lot of things I still want to experience, and a lot of very important choices I will have to make. And I can also see just how lucky I am, to have the very caring and wonderful friends that I have, the loving family I have, and to have caught a wave to a future that could be very bright indeed.

No comments: