Wednesday, July 23, 2003



You gotta fight for your right...

Am I a fighter? I've always thought so, but I wonder...maybe I'm not. Maybe I'm just a big pushover about everything. Things don't go my way? Oh well, on to the next thing. Or do I stand up for my "rights?" I guess it depends what the fight is about. I can fight with words (though I'm not always the quickest wit nor the most logical debater) and manage fairly well. I'm definitely not a physical fighter, except maybe a little rough-housing or wrestling in the pool, or a playful whack now and then, but I try to avoid doing any real damage at all costs. The idea of hurting someone else just isn't part of my mental process. Oh, I'd fight hard and dirty if it meant saving someone's life or defending myself. I guess that's part of why I don't fight so often in the figurative sense either. I don't want to hurt anyone, and I tend to be a peace-loving type person. Like Vash the Stampede..."Love and peace! Love and peace!" And I fight for the things I believe in, even if I'm not very proactive. I don't stand for people making fun of others (something learned from my wonderful years in grade school). I chastise the smokers I know or meet (gotta fight lung cancer and second hand smoke crap). I have VERY low tolderance for intolerance (whether from ignorance or blatant bias or hate). And I fight for the people I love. I don't give up on them. Even when they do foolish things or mistreat me or go their separate ways...I still love them and will always fight for them. So maybe I'd get my ass kicked in a wrestling match, be made a fool in an argument, or sadly watch the violence or abuse on tv without going out and fighting for the cause....but there's fighter in me yet--I mean, what do you expect from someone who's roughly 1/3 Irish? And I can always learn to be more aggressive, more adventurous, more passionate. Hang on to your shamrocks cuz I'm a comin out fightin!

No comments: