Thursday, July 24, 2003



In the game there are always losers

Yeah, this game, this friggen messed up game of life and love. Things are going alright for me, but things going alright for me mean things aren't going as right for someone else. I won't pretend to be the source of someone's happiness, but I know there may have been some hope...and part of me cries out "That's wrong!" whenever I do anything to hurt that bit of hope. I know it's not my fault, it's just the way the game is played. You can't help who you like anymore than anyone else can help who they like. Life is messed up and follows no guidelines for fair play. All one can do is try to be as fair and truthful as possible...and there are some who refuse to even do that courtesy. I can cushion it all I want, but in the end it still ends up that my happiness means someone else's grief. All of it made worse by the awareness of how it is to be grieved by someone else's happiness. Ah yes, the joy of the game. Play on. Play on.

No comments: