Friday, July 18, 2003



I invoke the right of parley!

I think I've officially met my quota for seeing Pirates of the Caribbean this week. But you know what they say, third time's a charm. Well, actually I think the first time was the best time, but each time let me concentrate on something different and the company was always enjoyable. However, it has crossed my mind that perhaps seeing the same pirate movie three times in six days may be having an effect on me. Check out this email I wrote to me mateys...

Ahoy mateys!
Indigo, arrrg. A fine color she be. I been a-thinkin about those weekends in August ye mentioned afore, and I'm inclinin to agree with ye. The first weekend mightent work best, since I will more'n likely workin 1st shift that week. But be ye warned: any o ye scabberous dogs attempts to commandere (nautical term) me first mate Tricia's futon (or whichever sleeping accommodation is available and most pleasant at Tricia's place--grantin that I be welcome) that weekend will be walkin the plank...with nigh a drop o rum in sight. Savvy? Otherwise, I tell ye I be disinclined to acquiesce to your request.


And remember: The man that did the sleepin be having a drink bought by the man that did the waking, while the man that did the sleepin be listenin to a proposition from the man that did the wakin.
(if that's not right, it's dang close...so it'll do for now, ye land-lover :P)


Oh well, at least Joe paid for one of the tickets, so I only spent an arm and like, a foot, not an arm and a leg. Bleah, theaters are too dang expensive :P But I, like the cod-livered dog I be, cough up the dough every time a flick tickles me fancy. ::sigh:: Whew, it be nigh on 3rd watch...time to be goin. May'n the night bring ye fair winds and sweet dreams.

No comments: