Thursday, July 31, 2003



Disclaimer: No, I am NOT on crack

Tonight I saw Pirates of the Caribbean for the 4th time...yes, the 4th time. Each time I saw it with a different person and it was a different experience. This evening the showing included my friends Shelly and Amy, both of whom I had not seen for a while--especially Shelly. They both thought I was insane for going a fourth time, knowing I have now spent a grand total of...$24 on this movie (it would be $32 but Joe paid for one). Of course, I didn't tell them it was my fourth time til we were sitting down watching the previews. Both turned their heads and looked at me incredulously, saying a bit too loudly, "This is your FOURTH TIME?!" making me feel rather self-conscious, but I stand by my reasons for going again. For one, I wanted to get out of the house and go somewhere. For another, movie popcorn sounded good. And for more, I still don't have some of the lines down and thought it might be nice to work on that ;) Mostly, I just enjoy the movie a lot and I was looking forward to seeing it with two people who haven't seen it and checking out their reactions to it. Especially considering how they totally ripped apart Dungeons and Dragons when we watched my DVD of it...I tried to explain to them that I knew it was fairly lame, but still amusing to watch...but they were very much not impressed. So I was glad to be able to share another movie with them, which to my great satisfaction, they loved :) I'm sure they won't be buying it or running out to see it again, but they really did like it, and that's enough for me.

Afterwards, we chilled at Amy's and looked at her professional pictures from her and Geoff's wedding last August and some other pictures they took on their recent honeymoon in the Dominican Republic--looks like a beautiful place to visit...a lot greener than Aruba. Now it's after 2am, and I have to get up at 5am...bleah...but it was worth it to spend some quality time with good friends. I had best get going though. Later ;)

No comments: