Friday, July 11, 2003



Another one bites the dust

I hate men. I can't abide them even now and then. Okay, that's not true, apparently I can abide them now and then, which is why I keep getting burned. Mike Z. talked to me online tonight, and when I talked about coming to Madison to visit, we ended up talking about our "relationship"...which led to him being "honest" and telling me that he wants to just be friends. He tried giving it a chance, but he feels something was missing...this being AFTER our fun weekend together. I am SO glad I didn't do anything I'd really regret. Still, it's disappointing. I knew it was a fat chance of anything working out, but I had sort of hoped it might.

Honestly, I am just really sick of this sort of shit. I've been dating fairly casually, from Matt during the school year to Mike Z. this summer, and all it's ended up doing is annoying the hell out of me. Thankfully, my heart has not become much involved, so it's not something I feel like crying over. It's more...the principle of the thing. I can't seem to get past THAT point. There's this point in a budding relationship...I can't cross over. Ever since ex-Mike, it's been failure after failure...any attempt to get over that point crashes and burns...like me trying to land the damn jet on the old Top Gun Nintendo game...stupid aircraft carrier.

::sigh:: Well, my summer has just become all that more boring. But you know what? I've survived before, and I'll survive again. It'd be nice to meet someone who could think of me seriously though. Until that miracle man decides to get up off his ass and meet me though, I think I'm going to try to have some more fabulous times with my friends, organize my room and life, and read some Harry Potter :)

Sorry for the negative tones in this entry, but hey, I can't be all smiles all the time...that would just get obnoxious. Not that my complaing about this guy or that guy doesn't get annoying, but hey, tell that to the stupid guys out there ;) For now, it's time to pop in a soothing movie and try to calm my mind down before bedtime. Later!

No comments: