Tuesday, April 08, 2003



Something tells me I'm into something good...

I don't know why, but I just feel good right now. I think it's mostly due to the coffee and sugar that is flowing through me, but I'd like to think there's more to it than that. Lately I just feel...productive. Not in the sense of getting school or work done, heck no :P But in (what I think is more important) he sense that I'm making connections. For a while there, I felt out of touch with some of my friends, but in the last few days, I've been reaching out to more people, or at least accepting more people into my consciousness. Best friends are super awesome, but I know I was neglecting some of my other good and worthy friends, who have important parts in my life. Oh, I'm far from the perfect friend, always there to help and talk to and all that jazz. Sometimes I'm downright self-absorbed. But right now, at this moment, I feel really good about my friends. I love having a variety of people in my life, all with unique personalities and wonderfully different qualities. Every one of them has something special to offer, though they may not see it. Sometimes I wish I was more appreciative of that fact, or at least showed my appreciation better. These friends with these unique qualities are more important to me than any paper :P Just look at this list of these fantastic qualities they bring into my life to share!

*faith in God
*faith in me as a friend
*adventure...climbing, biking, walking, hiking, camping, driving, dancing, burning stuff...like marshmallows or candles, swimming, gaming, etc.
*good cooking
*spontaneous visits
*jokes and humor in places and ways I never expected
*smiles
*shopping partners
*helpers in time of crisis
*being able to withstand hearing the word "Mike" over and over again
*new music, new movies, new shows, new obsessions (like DBZ ;)
*various forms of expression--from flicking off to "yeppers" to interpretive dance at 3am
*fellow movie quoters
*loyalty
*much needed kicks in the ass
*encouragement
*new ways of looking at the world
*helping to keep me grounded
*helping to keep me soaring

...There's just so many things my friends to for me without even knowing it. I'm so indebted to them, and I rarely show it. Even those friends I don't talk to every day, don't see every month....they positively influence my life, and they deserve more than I give them credit for. It's impossible to keep all close friendships, when lives drift apart, when life happens. But even those friends that have drifted away...they're friends, and will stay that way in my mind. Unless they piss me off somehow, then I might just call them bitches and forget 'em ;) But it's a rare occassion indeed when I say "bitch" and mean it. So, thank you friends, you kick ass and make me feel like I might just be able to kick some ass in life :) Here's to you!

No comments: