Tuesday, April 29, 2003



Ordinary World

A hum-drum Tuesday, with not much to say about it. I had a paper due today, so I stayed up til 8:50am working on it, took a short nap and handed it in for my 11am class. I know, I know, not the smartest move, but it was really some boring-ass writing that I had to do and it took me forever to get in the mood to actually write it. So I'm going on about 45 min of sleep, but I actually feel pretty good, aside from the sensation that my eyes are glazing over, coat by cloudy coat, with every passing minute. It probably doesn't help that I'm wearing my contacts. ::sigh:: Anyway, only one more class before naptime, so I can't complain too much. I got the paper in, got the fax I was expecting, had a smoothie, and replied to a really nice short/sweet email I got from Matt this morning. Yep, I'm still talking and hanging out with that guy I mentioned a few posts ago, when I was all tense about going to lunch with him considering my feelings for emotional-fuckwit-Mike. At the risk of sounding lame (not unusual, I know), I will tell you a few thoughts about him. Matt's really quite a nice guy and has made a point of emailing, calling, and making plans with me for the last couple weeks. Strange how something so random as me blurting out "Anyone want to go to V-ball?" at a group meeting can have an effect. I'm hoping to hang out with him sometime this week, but with his busy schedule with coaching, playing soccer, doing the class thing, family and now that he started a new job at Kohl's, it might be a challenge. But then again, I'm up for a challenge ;) I'm rather enjoying this game of chase that is on. I'm both consciously and unconsciously being pretty cautious about the whole thing. Last thing I need right now is another emotional fuckwit in my life, and though he has not yet proven to be one nor does he show signs of one, I know first hand just how tricky and sneaky those emotional fuckwits are about showing themselves in seemingly normal guys. For now, he's fun to hang out with and he has some potential. We're just very casually seeing each other, and that's good. I'm still focussing elsewhere in my life, trying to get my academics, hobbies, health and whatnot all together. Speaking of academics, better jet to class. See ya ;)

No comments: