Thursday, August 19, 2004

We're a dick, we're addicted to BG2

Yesterday Tricia and I began a quest. A quest that shall not meet its end until all manner of beasts are slain, all treasure is hoarded, and all boxes and pots are broken.

When not playing Baldur's Gate 2, like today, I've actually been QUITE productive. Since rolling out of bed this morning at 10:30am (after receiving a call from the district I had the interview with last Monday telling me that they are STILL in the selection process which means I have to be patient), I temporarily became a "stereotypical housewife." Yes, I cleaned and organized the heck out of the apartment.

Laundry washed and dried. Dishes cleaned and put away. Sink and countertops washed. All carpeting vacuumed. Tupperware containers organized. Bedroom furniture reorganized. And mail brought in.

On top of the housework, I finally installed MS Office 2000 on my laptop so I no longer have to deal with WordPerfect and all of its infinite shittiness. That meant reworking my resume and generic cover letter, which need a bit of revamping anyway.

I declare today a VICTORY for productivity. Laziness? Defeated!
(P.S. Did they take "Defeat You" off the web? Cuz I can no longer find it. Anyone have a copy?)

No comments: