Tuesday, August 24, 2004

I've got both feet stuck in concrete

God I love the new DNA albulm. I rocked out to it on the way to my "interview" today for one of the nearby suburban districts.

I say "interview" because it was like no other interview I have yet encountered. They seemed to have no questions really in mind or set interview structure. There were three of them, and they each asked a question, mostly about my experience with teaching kids that are a bit unruly. Thankfully, my experience as a summer teacher and over in London took care of that answer.

From the informal interview, I was given a short tour of the classroom I'd be working in, the facilities there, and some explanation as to what I would be teaching and who I would be teaching. That was all well and good, but I didn't even know if I'd be getting the job. That's the frustrating part.

They said that I would know TODAY. I gave them my cell phone number after they asked where they could reach me this afternoon since they would be calling me. Well, it's a bit past the afternoon I'd say, and no call. ::sigh:: Even Kelly Services, who set up the interview for me, gave me a call after the interview and said it looked good, that they would very likely offer me the job. So you'd think after all they've given me all these bloody hints, they'd stick this fucking job down my fucking throat (tell me you got that allusion, Jenny).

Anyway, even if I do get the job, it'll only last somewhere between 4-8 weeks while the regular teacher is away on maternity leave. I honestly can't say I'd be very bothered if I just ended up subbing for a while instead. Granted, a regular paycheck even for just a month or so would be very helpful indeed, but then a sub doesn't have as much responsibility. Bleah, whatever. Oh yeah, by the way, the other district I was waiting for FOREVER finally told me when I called them that they had chosen other candidates, which I can understand cuz I know I was not the best qualified for the kind of teachers they wanted.

The ball is in the air, so now I just have to wait until I either hit it, miss it, or it whacks me in the face.

No comments: