Monday, August 16, 2004

Throw the grad a party? Or throw the grad?

Like Tricia said, this weekend was ultra busy, filled with appointments, friends, parties, and plenty of pictures of me soaking wet. How did I get wet? I'll tell you.

My grad party. Awesome time, great group of friends and family there. My dad's cousin Kevin who is a priest in Chicago came up to visit for the weekend. My friend Liz from high school drove over three hours just to come to my party for a few hours and drive right back home--I hadn't seen her for a year so it was friggen sweet of her to come visit. Some other nice friends and family arrived, as did my brothers, their wives, and little Matthew. Couldn't really ask for a better turn out, except if maybe I had planned a bit more ahead some more friends could come.

Anyway, back to the wetness. A couple hours into the party, I walked up to some of my friends and they told me that I really should put my swimsuit on NOW. Apparently they overheard my dad, brother, and cousin plotting to throw the grad into the pool. Well, I figured it would be just like one of the many many other threats I have had over the years--just a way of convincing me to go in the pool. I didn't think much of it as I asked my friends if they would go swimming with me. I had just arranged getting a swimsuit for Tricia who had forgotten hers, and was thinking of heading in the house to get one for her and for myself....when I was suddenly surrounded.

My brother Scott grabbed me and picked me up over his shoulder. My dad go the pool door open and helped grab my legs to make sure I didn't struggle too much. Meanwhile, my friends fought valiantly to set me free from this form of family bonding. But their combined strength just wasn't enough to stop the inevitable. Besides, I think they secretly may have enjoyed the idea of seeing their friend thrown in her own pool.

Just before the "1, 2, 3" I managed a few requests: took off my watch, necklace and my nice outer button down shirt and then WHOOM! SPLOOSH! Into the water. Thankfully, the pool's solar heater made the temperature of the water barely tolerable. It was only after my upper body resurfaced that I realized maybe just wearing the white tanktop...braless...wasn't the best choice. I'm pretty sure I manged to cross my arms over my chest before the tell tale clicking of cameras occurred. Guess I'll find out soon enough.

Despite the fact I had to change, and to rewash my freshly cleaned khakis, and vainly attempt to salvage my drowned-rat hair, I actually didn't mind being throw in too badly. I changed into my bikini, grabbed my friends, and we all relaxed in the pool for a while anyway. And it will give me something to remember. PLUS, a great excuse to get back at my dad and brother someday. MWA HA HA HA HA!


No comments: