Friday, September 19, 2003



It's not my fault...yes it is

Bleah...tonight I was rather insensitive to a friend. I made plans with someone and then proceeded to sleep through them without giving a call. I apologized to her for making her wait and making her worry, but there's not much I can really say. I was tired, I should have said I was too tired to go anywhere or I should have just gotten up and left--not fallen back asleep. I REALLY don't like it when people, especially friends, are mad at me, but I can totally understand why she would be, so I am just going to have to ride this out. Hopefully I can make it up to her and she will not think so badly of me for long.

Teaching this week went okay. It was busy with quizzes, assignments and a lot of things to cover in class, but the kids and I made it through somehow without homework this weekend. It's amazing how many copies I've got to make though :P I'm not being used as an office clerk for my cooperating teacher; I'm just following through on the worksheets and activities we plan out, making sure we have the resources set for class. Today I tried playing a verb game of charades with my two classes. It would have gone alright, I think, if we had at least 5 more minutes, maybe even half the class period. Instead, we had maybe less than 10 minutes to try and explain the game, get the kids in groups and get them playing the game. I guess at least I learned what kind of timing is necessary for such things. Oh well, you win some, you lose some. At least it was Friday treat day so I got to fill up on junk food all day long :P And then "Inservice Day" at Double Days Bar and Grill ;) I actually lucked out quite well with one teacher buying me a drink and another buying my appetizer. I was very grateful :) It was a good end to a loooong week. Next week should be interesting--I am being observed next Tuesday by a supervisor from the school of education AND it's homecoming week so every day is a fun dress day for each individual grade. My 8th grade gets to wear things with these themes: Mon-Red, Tues-(decades) future, Wed-PJ's, Thurs-Sports, and Fri-School Spirit. So I get to be observed on the day I dress for the future...not sure what I'm going to wear yet, but I'm certain it will be something that shows my enthusiasm. Well, I'm off back to bed...geez I'm boring tonight.

No comments: