Wednesday, September 24, 2003



Free coffee makes me happy

I just had a nice 16 oz. cup of coffee, for free. :) You see, I stopped by the cafe on campus and the guy working it said they had just close a few min ago at 7pm. Now, last year they were open til 10pm. The other day I stopped by the cafe and one of the ladies that works in the student center said she thought they were open til 8pm this year since it was changed. Well, nope, it's 7pm. Who the heck closes at 7pm? Especially a coffee place?! I mean, what about those late night students working in computer labs? Maybe it wasn't good business for them, but it was certainly very nice. ::sigh:: Just as well I'm leaving--who knows what other crap the U might try to pull :P Okay, ANYWAY, the free coffee came from the nice guy working the cafe. Since they were probably just going to have to dump all the good coffee anyway, cuz they were closed, he said I could have a cup. So he handed me a nice big cup and I filled it half with Irish Cream decaf and some premium Colombian stuff. It was a nice surprise :)

Wow, just a little over a month and I'll be out of here. I wish my housing sounded nicer. I guess there's no bathroom in the apartment. We have a sink, but have to go down the hall for the rest. I wonder what they have for kitchen stuff. ::sigh:: yippee....spend 4.5 years at a university and you're stuck back in the dorms again :P At least it's in central London--there's GOT to be plenty of good stuff to distract me from the boring-ass residence....I just looked at the website for it, and it seems there's no kitchen either, so yeah, I'm not sure what I'll do for food....spend a lot of money I guess :P Ah well, at least breakfast is included in the price (better be, for what we're paying). Bleah, now I'm not in the mood to blog. I'll have to think of more to say later.

No comments: