Sunday, December 29, 2002

well, I didn't feel a lot better the next day, but I feel a lot better now. stupid flu. Anyways, tonight I went out with good friends to the bars downtown. Overall it was actually a pretty good day:

*got to sleep in
*watched tv with my parents
*took a leisurely bath
*took my time getting ready
*did a few odd things around the house
*talked online for a while
*made a HUGE snowman with Tricia--let's just say, it's taller than us and we had to use a self-made ramp out of a ladder, wheelbarrow and board to get the body on top of the base. It kicks ass ;) and my mom enjoyed the whole thing so much that she took pictures and helped out a bit.
*had some hot cocoa and fairly good leftovers
*Jenny W came over and we watched LOTR--the extended DVD version, which was nifty--I wish they had just made one big version though :P
*Shelly drove over too and all of us went out downtown and played some darts (Shelly and I kicked some ass...though it DID take FOREVER for the game to end--in fact, the game ended before we were quite done, since it only lets you have 30 rounds but oh well)
*got home and now I have time to blog

So yeah, nothing really very grand or anything....though it WAS a good time making fun of some people we went to high school/grade school with that we saw out at the bars. It was sooooo tempting to throw a dart over at Maria's head...but I resisted. Besides, knowing my luck, I probably would have missed and hit some hottie in the eyeball instead :P Oh well, such is life. Thus far, vacation isn't really too bad. It's been surprisingly relaxing. I'm sure some of that will end tomorrow when I help my brother Scott with some of his moving into his new apartment. And then there's the whole New Year's and Scotty thing. And then Aruba. Yeah, it's going to start getting busy, but I really can't complain.

The only thing that only VERY slightly bothers me is that I haven't talked to Mike. Now DON'T panic! I'm not regressing or anything (at least, not in that department). It's just that I saw him online once, but he wasn't on long and he didn't IM. THat wouldn't be strange except he was on a screen name that I'm fairly certain he only created to talk to me--it's possible there's more than one use or maybe he plans on switching to it, but since I've only seen him on there that once, it seems unlikely that he's using it. Did I write about talking to Mike yet? Hm, maybe, maybe not...I don't feel like scrolling to try and find an entry.

I'll summarize: a few weeks back, Mike IMed cuz he heard that I saw him at the bars and that if I had actually run into him, I would have thrown my drink at him and slapped him (or perhaps punched him) in the face and then walked away. He didn't like that idea too much...I don't think he realized how very very very angry he made me and that I was still angry--he wouldn't have many ways of knowing cuz I didn't talk about him much with his friends and I hadn't talked to him at all since that stupid night in October. Anyways, so he IMed and he apologized for being an ass and blah blah blah and he just wants things to be civil. Though I have to say, I'm proud of the way I made the majority of the conversation rough on him, I did in the end tell him that I would resist the temptation to physically hurt him if I see him again, though I couldn't promise I wouldn't verbally abuse him....just too tempting. I also told him that I wasn't sure I could handle being his friend again...at least not yet.

So, I'm sure that's why he's keeping a strong distance. I know it's stupid to even think about trying to be friends with him, but sometimes it is kind of a pain knowing that I can't talk to him. It's also a real pain in the ass knowing he has $45 worth of books of mine! He has my 3rd ed. AD&D players handbook AND he has my Sea of Swords novel which I would VERY much like back. I know I need to just go over there and take it...but it just seems so....out of the way. And it means having to see him...unless I can manage to arrrange for swiping them when he's out and his friends (who are also my friends, though it's not like we regularly hang out) are in.

::sigh:: sounds like a mission....well, perhaps I am up for a mission this week ;) we shall see...we shall see ;)

No comments: