Thursday, December 12, 2002

I never thought I could miss my journal this much. Not this electronic one, but the hand written one I have...which I left at home. I have to go another week without it. Of course, that also means a week without my address book and a week in which my family has the open opportunity to read it. Granted, my parents don't venture in the basement much, and my brother Scott doesn't come home too much. It's probably safe..and they've never gone snooping through my stuff....to my knowledge. Besides, they know most of what's in there anyway, pretty much. Maybe there's a few details in there, but I try to keep my journal relatively clean--even I don't need to know all the details...I was there, I should remember most of it with a few context clues. Anyways, the point is, I am really getting used to using my journal. Whenever I have a bad day or a good day or am just in a contemplative mood, I go to my journal to write it down. I sort of do the same thing with this journal...but there's something about having to type it up...and also the fact that my friends have access to it...that keep me from writing down some things here. Oh, most of the facts are in here....though they may be ambigious at times. But my journal is like the unabridged version--even though it sill has some censoring. And it's a nice, hand held size, and I use gel pens, which are fun to write with. I can't believe how much life is contained in that one little book. I guess I just can't believe how much has happened since the beginning of this last summer. It's really amazing when I stop and think about it. So many choices...so many times when I could have gone right or left, and all those choices brought me to where I am now. ::sigh:: Amazing. Anyways, I guess I'm going to head to bed. My urge to write has been overcome by my urge to have my wrists stop being sore....I swear I'm going to have carpal tunnel before I'm 25 years old. Oh well, I've got just over 3 more years! Go hands go! ;)

No comments: