Saturday, December 21, 2002

Back home. Today I went with my parents to see my grandparents and an assorted variety of other relatives for an early Christmas celebration. It wasn't too bad, except for the part about driving from EC at 8:30am today after staying up til 2:30am with Mandy. The food was good and it was nice seeing some of my cousins, especially since the younger ones get a kick out of having me play games with them. There was a time when I used to play with them, when I was about their age and they were just toddlers, but then I didn't see them for a while--I was too cool for them and they were too cool for me or what have you. Now it's just the right age to start actually having conversations with the oldest of the young cousins and first cousins once removed, which is kind of nice since I happen to fall in this inbetween age with having cousins more my older brothers' ages or almost ten years younger. So I was never really close to any of my cousins, though two of them actually went to EC, but only one was there when I was there and he graduated the same year I started. There was always just too much distance between us for us to see each other between holidays.

...I tell you though, it's kind of a pain blogging at home :P I should wait til they go to bed or something, but that's annoying...oh well. Guess I gotta be sneaky about it. I just don't feel like having them looking at my journal, you know? Oh, it could be worse--it's not like I say EVERYTHING in here and it's not like I've been really all that exciting that they would really care, but still, it's one of those things a kid just doesn't want to share with her parents. So, I suppose I'll just write later. See ya.

No comments: