Friday, July 16, 2004



MY VERY FIRST FALL JOB INTERVIEW!!!
 
Today I was suppose to receive a call from a school district telling me whether or not I successfully made it through the telephone screening interview yesterday and would be scheduling a real life interview.  After the GRUELING @#$%&*@! telephone interview yesterday, the principal told me she would call either later that day or the next day.  I waiting long hours with the phone right by my side from last night into this afternoon.  Did I receive any call at all? NO!  How fucking rude is that? 
 
However, this afternoon, I did receive a call from a DIFFERENT school district that is actually a bit closer to where I'll be living.  The principal had recently been handed my application and wondered if I was still interested in a part time English teaching position.  I said, "YES!!!!!!" with slightly more restraint than jumping up and down and pretending to hug him over the phone. 
 
He asked if it would be alright to schedule a time for me to come to the high school and talk more about the position (aka have an interview), to which I replied "That would be great!!!!" again holding back as much as a person would who hasn't heard any other really positive feedback since she started applying for jobs in April. 
 
Long story slightly shorter, I have an interview with a northern suburban high school principal next Tuesday, and the other school district can blow it out their asses (if I get a job somewhere else that is).  YAY For hearing something positive, whether it be part time or not, I'm still happy!  Not exactly a job offer yet, but even getting to the interview stage (one that doesn't feel like a NAZI interrogation over the phone) is far better than I was just two days ago.
 
I just hope that a couple other people I know start getting some good positive feedback too!!!  I'll be hoping for you! AND a bit more for me too, cuz there's still the issue of actually being hired.  Bleah, details.

No comments: