Wednesday, November 13, 2002

Sorry I've been a slacker lately when it comes to blogging. Too much other crap has been occupying me. I really shouldn't be taking the time now since I'm in desperate need of a nap and then I have to stop by the CIE office to pick up an application for fall and also write up a short paper for CI 318. Notice the nap comes first ;) The application is for a form of study abroad that involves my student teaching semester--the program calls for 8 weeks of regular student teaching here in EC and then 8 weeks of student teaching in LONDON :)!! Aside from it being super awesome to be in England and able to tour a bunch of historical and cool looking stuff, there's also the possibility that Jenny A will be in the same country :)!!!! Can you imagine that?! Jenny and I touring England on the weekends, maybe even spending a weekend sight seeing and living the good life in Paris?!!!!! Of course, I'm getting ahead of myself here--I still need to apply and Jenny still needs to apply for her different study abroad program. And there's the possibility of either of us not getting accepted, but oh I really do hope that it works out for both of us. For a long time I've debated the study abroad issue. At first it was for Spanish and I thought it would be cool, but I wanted to wait a while, especially since I was already dealing with a long distance relationship with Mike and I knew that a whole semester away would put a lot of strain on us. And then once the Mike problem was eleviated, I already had things planned out for my school career and I also wasn't sure I wanted to spend an entire semester out of the country--especially with no one I know. But then, out of no where, I get this email a couple weeks ago talking about 8 weeks in London for next fall, when I would be student teaching :)! So yeah, that's what's going on now. The application is due Friday, so I have to get moving on it. I'll keep ya posted about it...he he he, get it, posted? ::sigh:: I know...I'm going to bed now.

No comments: