Monday, November 25, 2002

So...what's new? Good question. Not a whole lot really. I was a big slacker last night and so now I'm quite behind on my work for this week. I'm planning on making up for that this evening and tomorrow, so wish me luck on that. This weekend was a lot of fun, though. Saw Down and Above for the third time on Friday along with a couple other bands that were playing at The Quest that night, including EXO who I only heard part of the last song for, so I didn't get much of a feel for them, and Spiritfall who were rather Incubus/Hoobastank-like which was cool and they had a good singer. But the highlight of the evening was definately Down and Above--the crowd was actually quite big for them, which was pretty kick ass...aside from the crowd getting, well, croweded at one point, acting rather rowdy and some guy displacing Chris from the front by Tricia and I and bumping into her repeatedly making watching the last song or so an effort. I was in a good position though, right in front, with Tricia on my left and some hippie leather chick on my right who aside from being high was pretty nice. DNA sounded great as usual despite the poorer quality sound system and the annoying crowd, so it was a good time :) I do feel kind of dumb though when I'm standing there talking to the band members...well, more like, standing there next to Tricia and Chris while they talk to the band since they know them better...I think the only one of them that really acknowledges that I've been to three shows with Tricia and Chris is the drummer Zach--he's a nice guy. I guess a band can really only keep track of so many fans. But at least they do take the time to talk to you if you ask them a question or make a point of saying hello.

The rest of the weekend was laid back but fun. Tricia, Jenny and I went to see Star Wars Ep. II at the IMAX theater by the Minnesota Zoo on Saturday afternoon, which was pretty kick ass ;) 50 foot Yoda...that's all I have to say ;) And then we went to Old Chicago pizza for dinner--tradition of course. As was the Chinese food we ordered on Sunday during the Packer game. What was also quite cool on Sunday was that I found a dress for my brother Scott's wedding :)! And it was A LOT less than I had thought I would need to spend, so that makes me VERY happy. AND it looks great :)! Happiness Abounds! So that was my weekend in Minnesota.

What else is new? Hmmmmm....well, I had some interesting conversations about spirituality this weekend with Tricia, Jenny W, and Jenny A's roomie Jennifer....do you notice a trend here?!!! I have waaaay too many friends named Jennifer. But they're all so cool :) Oh well...at least they all have different letters for last names...well, almost....okay, so they all have different last names. That'll have to do I guess. ANYWAYS... about the conversations. Lately the issue of my own spirituality has come up, not so much in being directly asked about it; more that events and people have prompted me to think and write about it once again. I have a fairly clear idea of what my spiritual beliefs are, and have been for a while. But it has been a considerable period of time since I have expressed my ideas in the written word. That's why I think I will write about them in my next blog. Most of you readers already know pretty much my stance on things, but I guess I feel like expressing it anyway. Writing it down is a way for me to really get my ideas thought out in a clear and coherent manner. Sometimes it is really difficult for me to epress my beliefs and feelings by speaking, so writing them helps me A LOT. Now, let me say that when I do write about my beliefs, it is not because I want to encourage others to see things my way or to discount their beliefs in ANY way. I simply want to say how I feel so that others can understand where I'm coming from, especially since I my beliefs do not fit nicely in a religious package. Before I go into all that though, I'm going to end this blog entry...cuz my hands are tired after typing a long assignment, chatting online, and writing this blog :P I may or may not get to this upcoming planned blog entry tonight, but it will come soon for sure.

Well, have a good Monday--take heart! VACATION COMETH SOONETH!!!!!!!!! ;)

No comments: