Saturday, June 12, 2004



The Ultimate Send-Off

Last night, I drank about five cups of coffee. One could say I'm addicted to caffeine OR one could say that I wasn't about to pass up on refills of Mocha Mint. Yes, my friends, after longs years of waiting, of arriving at my favored cafe and never seeing those sweet flavored words, I have finally once again tasted MOCHA MINT coffee at Caffe Espresso. And it was good.

Also very good were the tortellini with marinara and the House cheesecake that I consumed with relish that night. Joining me in my joy was Shelly, who I will miss dearly as an excellent coffee, restaurant, and bookstore companion. It was the ultimate way for Caffe Espresso and I to part ways, with no hard feelings, I assure you. I even saw a couple old high school folks whose names I cannot remember and faces I really didn't care if I saw or not, but still, it was sort of almost nice. Amazing that in all my time here in GB and the many times I went to Espresso that I didn't run into anyone I knew better. Eh, oh well.

Tonight I went to Tequilas for some authentic Mexican music, dancing, and alcoholic beverages. And it was good. My three favorite coworkers, friends you could say, met me at the bar, and we had a fun night of talking, joking, and a little dancing too. What really rocked wasn't so much the music as it was that all my drinks were ON THE HOUSE. Sweet, hm? I thought so. The bartender was cool cuz it's a new bar and grill, so they want new customers that come back again, AND the represntative for the temporary workers at AF was there and her husband was DJing for the bar. Overall, not a bad deal at all.

Top off the night with some quality time with my dad and Frank & Pat's pizza, and I'd say I'm about ready to crash right now. I still blame it on the residual effects of all the caffeine last night. Or maybe it was the two beers, sex on the beach (I so have to try that sometime), and a shot of tequila. Either way, that bed is looking mighty fine right now, so off I go. !Buenas noches!

No comments: