Wednesday, June 16, 2004



Bahp bah, bahp bah! This is the sound of settling

I'm almost moved in here at the house, things arranged pretty much how I want them. Granted, there's no bed in here, so it makes it a lot roomier and easier to decorate. It just looks a little empty, but I think I can solve that by bringing my TV, stereo, PS2, and a couple lamps the next time I drive home (in just over a week).

Anyway, I had a sort of "orientation" for my teaching position, and it doesn't seem too bad. I'll be teaching 16 students for 2.5 hours M-Th (and have an extra half hour just supervising the kids while they do some independent activities). Put it all together and it means I"ll have $1620 when I finish in July. ::sigh:: Not exactly what I was making over at AF, but then, only working 12h/week means I can pick up a part time job no problem...as long as I can figure just what sort of part time job I either want or am capable of doing.

Any good ideas? I'm sick of the Holiday Inn--6 years was enough--and I'd rather not waitress, nor would I really like to do customer service or telemarketing. Working at a bookstore would rock, I think, or maybe at a coffee shop. I suppose there's jobs at the mall too, and the hours there might work. Bleah...I just don't want to work minimum wage. Come to think of it, I never have. Not that I ever made a boatload of dough, just that it was either waitressing with tips, camp couselor with a decent wage, or factory work that paid great. Problem is I can't get an office type job cuz I'm busy in the mornings, so it's gotta be something in retail or restaurant pretty much, and I have no retail experience.

Sorry, just babbling on here today. I guess tonight a big group of us are all going to play volleyball--I just hope the weather holds out. And, that I don't completely suck, as I often tend to do when it comes to anything athletic aside from swimming. I'd prefer not reliving my oh so nice nickname of "Whiffer" tonight.

No comments: