Monday, June 14, 2004



The Katie van is coming, and everybody's jumping, Green Bay to Minneapolis...

Listening to a bit of "get up off your ass" music as I finish packing up most of my belongings. HA, right, MOST? Probably only a fourth of what I have is going with me. The rest is staying here for another trip, or to just sit in storage until I have a house, or someone else claims my stuff.

There's so much I COULD pack, but I'm trying VERY hard to resist the temptation of filling the van to the brim. For instance, I could bring a bookshelf, and fill it with a zillion books I own. Or I could bring about 6 different lamps that are sitting around down here (I think maybe I'll just bring 4...or 3...) At least this time I don't have to lug my huge ass computer with it's desk. Oh, but I do need to grab the printer...dang, forgot about that.

Anyway, it's been was a late night, an early morning, and now there's a long day ahead of me. Thankfully, I saw pretty much everyone I wanted to see before I left town, and I had an absolute blast this week with friends and family every night. I even had a couple drinks with Joe last night, renewing and untying our "tied up" friendship. It was awkward at first, but eventually we started babbling on like old times. Probably just as well I'll be out of town though, that way he doesn't fall into any old ruts.

Oh, and I found out what position I have for this summer teaching job that I'm moving for...finally. Sadly, I'll only be getting maybe 10-12 hours a week, not exactly enough to thrive on even at $20.25/h. Still, it's an excellent opportunity and a HUGE resume booster for the fall. I'll just have to pick up a part time job for sure now, which I suppose isn't too bad either. Oh, and it also means I get to sleep in a little too ;) since class doesn't start til 9am. Sweet.

Well, time to get this party started. And I like to party, I like, I like to party...

No comments: