Wednesday, June 25, 2003



Summer workin, had me blast...

100 degrees farenheit in some areas of the plant this evening. Sweat streaming from my forehead, under my safety glasses, either into or past my eyes, along my nose, and finally flying off my face and onto a passing stack of boxes. I walk towards a fan, my refuge, only to be assualted with a blast of warm air. So I reach for my water bottle that I filled a half hour before and take a swig...only to cringe and swallow the "room temperature" water like it's grape flavored Pucker. Another day, another couple paper cuts smarting from sweat, dirt and paper fibers getting inbetween the layers of skin. Oh the joys of working in a packaging plant. I mean, as I pointed out today, some people pay good money to sit in a sauna all day, and we actually get paid AND get exercise while getting our sauna on--what a sweet deal, hm? Well, one other benefit is: No work on July 4th...and possibly no work Sat. July 5th. What would that mean? A long weekend. Oh, the fun that could be had on a 3 day weekend ;)

No comments: