Tuesday, June 17, 2003



Madtown Mischief

A good time was had by me in Madison this weekend. I visited Mike Z. from Sat-Mon, and it was well worth the trip. ::sigh:: Problem is...now what? We didn't talk about our status or anything--no mention of going out or dating or whatever. I thought about bringing it up, but I didn't want to push it, considering that it was the first weekend I've spent with him and I won't see him again for a few weeks. And...that sucks. It wouldn't be a big deal except, I had a really good time with him this weekend, and so now, well, I have a bit of an attachment to him :-} One could say: I miss him. We seemed to get along really well, and it makes me think that I'd be willing to go through the effort to have a relationship with him, but does he feel the same way? We talked about seeing each other again--he might come up to GB in July, and I might get to Madison again in July. I know that I can handle the long distance deal, but could he? To me, 6 months doesn't sound like much time at all to deal with long distance. I mean, with Ex-Mike I struggle through 3 years, and that was with him, a guy who turned out to be so not worth it. But Mike Z...he seems like a genuinely nice guy, which worries me. I'd rather not jump into an emotional trap, so I'm trying--unsuccessfully--to keep my eye on the reality of the situation, that this is a risky business.

Sorry if I sound disjointed, I'm pretty tired and I have to go to bed so I can wake up for work in 5 hours :P Switching between a nine hour 2nd shift to 1st shift in mid-week really sucks, by the way. Oh and Waking Ned Devine is a fun movie :) Later!

No comments: