Friday, June 27, 2003



Bet you couldn't guess it...

A NEW EPISODE OF KRAP (Katie's Random Advice Post!!!)

Here's a short one, but a good one I think. This advice goes out to someone specific. No, not the President, not my friend Jenny, no, not even God. This advice goes to the owner of any big factory, especially the owner of GB Packaging.

You see, while I was walking my way from the punch clock, through the corrugators, past the conveyors, to where I typically reside at machine #2, I had a few thoughts that led me to a conclusion.

1) Conveyors are fun. Just turn 'em on, set down a piece of cardboard, sit on it and ride all the way from one end of the plant to the other.

2) There are many places to hide. A person could sneak behind a huge roll of paper, duck under a machine, or lurk between the racks of cutting dies. The possibilities are endless.

3) The plant is huge! It takes a good couple minutes to walk just one half of the plant (of course, that's considering walking around machinery). The plant has some divisions with walls and machines, and part of an upstairs, but it's overall one BIG room, with a few small rooms tucked in here and there.

Conclusion: The GB Packaging plant would make a GREAT playground :)!
I'm not talking for little kids here, I'm talking older teenagers to adults. I'm thinking laser tag, paintballing, capture the flag, hide and seek, ghost in the graveyard, and any other far ranging game. Just think--a huge place with lots of obstacles, the lights could be turned down to a minimum or just turned off and people could wear night-seeing goggles. Oh, it would be awesome! So that's why I think the owner should set aside like one or two days a year where no machines are running and the plant is closed off to everyone but a group of paying playing customers. The cost wouldn't be much--maybe like $10-20, depending on how long and how messy it's going to be. Considering how much damage will likely occur to the plant, the measley funds from the customers isn't much, but what's a few hundred thousand dollars? ;)

Yeah, it'd cost quite a bit to fix whatever is broken and clean up the mess, but a day and night of chaotic revelry seems worth it. So, anyone know any such factory owner willing to take on this awesome idea? No? Well, let me know when you do ;) And then it'll be time to kick some paintball ass! (...if I had a paintball gun...that I knew how to use...bleah, don't bother me with details...)

No comments: