Monday, March 31, 2003



An Attempt at Alleviating Boredom

Being home right now when I would typically be at school is driving me nuts. I feel like going to bed right now, but I'm not tired. What else is there to do? Talk online? Yeah, talking online with friends is good, but not many people are up right now, and most that are have other things occupying them. Do homework? I could, but I'm really not in the mood for it--home just is not conducive for working on homework. When I'm at home, I think about the people I could see around town, the places I'd like to go, and pretty much anything and everything non-school related. So what am I doing with my free time? Talking online a bit, blogging, and staring at my homework....and doing all of this somewhat half-heartedly. Not that I don't enjoy chatting wiht my friends; I would just rather be seeing friends in person. But it's Sunday night, and there's nothing going on.

The rest of the weekend was full of activities for the most part. Thursday I drove to GB, hung out at home a bit, and then went over to Mike, Nate, and Chuck's apt for a snack and some company. We just watched some tv, ate Taco Bell, and talked. Friday I got up earlier than I would have liked to help my mom with preparations for Beth's baby shower (like planning games and making/decorating cookies) and running various errands. That evening I was invited by Mike to join Nate, Lisa, Chuck, and him out to Caffe Espresso for dinner. That really hit the spot--mmmm, flavored coffee and swanky coffee house. Of course, Chuck in his brightness decided to purchase a bottle of wine for himself, and drink it...himself...during dinner. Needless to say, this lightweight was a joy as we were heading out of Espresso and while hanging out at the mall afterwards :P That guy really needs to know when to stop. He wasn't THAT drunk at the mall, but drunk enough to be VERY expressive, be annoyingly touchy feely, knock over some game packages at a software store, and wander around looking lost when thinking about how to get himself to a bathroom. ::sigh:: And of course he needed to ride in MY car on the way from the mall to their apt. That was a joy. Anyway, I have to get going. My dad wants the computer right now for some reason...how great. I'll continue the story of my oh so exciting weekend at a later time. Until then!

No comments: