Wednesday, January 29, 2003

Someday my acoustic/electric guitar will come....It will be mine; oh yes, it will be mine. In the meantime, I have to be satisfied listening/watching other people ply their talents on various instruments. For instance, Monday night I went to see some Jazz at The Stone's Throw...which I would link to if they had a working website, but apparently it's being worked on. Anyway, that was really cool, and I'm thinking about going there most Monday nights to kick back, listen and do some writing. Aside from the smoke smell, it's actually a good environment for me to work in. I found myself wanting a pen and paper when I was there with Lars. Yeah, he's an interesting fellow. But I'm quite proud of myself for pushing it back and maintaining a platonic deal with him. I can be his friend, though I don't exactly go out of my way to call him, unless he has called and left a message. I just want to make sure I keep some distance, cuz 1) Mandy warned me he's not the greatest guy and 2) pot-smoking beatnik is not my style and 3) I'm not overly attracted to him. He's been a really nice guy to me and all--bought my drinks Monday night and drove me. However, I am quite certain that I would never date him and I want to make sure I don't lead him on then too. It IS nice to have a guy calling and around to hang out with, especially since I typically don't have many guy friends. I'm sure that sometimes the way I act does not assist in that department :P

Aside from all that, things are going alright. Concentrating on the school thing, keeping up with classes and still looking for a job. I actually have to run to a SWEA fundraising meeting right now, so I've gotta jet. Later! :)

No comments: