Friday, July 01, 2005

Running, running, as fast as we can. Do you think we'll make it?

Now, "no doubt" we'll make it, but I doubt we'll be feeling like singing a song when we hit the finish line...at least not "We Are the Champions"....more like "I Will Survive"...maybe.


Notice how Tricia and I look like we're about to spring into action and hike a mountain? Well, we didn't quite do that last year at Penninsula State Park, but we did do some hiking up and down some hills and Eagle's Tower.

But that was soooo last year. What are we up to this year? Oh I'd say about a 5K. Monday, July 4th I will be running in my very first "race!" It's a walk/run up in Door County called The Hairpin Run because the first half is all up hill, and then you make a sharp U turn and go back. Tricia ran it last year, and she convinced me to try it this year. I've been doing some training, but I'm certain it will only be enough to JUST make it the approximate 3.1 miles while doing a moderate jog. Perhaps I'll get some burst of speed at the end, but that'll be like 15 minutes after the forerunners hit the finish line, have a bottle of Gatorade, order pizza, and take a cat nap.

No comments: