Tuesday, May 04, 2004



You make me sad

So I get a promotion and a raise, right? I am now allowed to write down "production coordinator" as my current employment position. Great news all around, though it means keeping it on the down low for a while as far as family goes, since I work with my sister-in-law and I'm not sure how she'll take it yet. I'm pretty well floored, knowing that the extra cash is going to be VERY helpful this fall with all of my new expenses: rent, energy, car insurance, school loans, cell phone, cable internet, etc. However, this newfound idea of cash to come has me dreaming of new ways to "invest."

For example, I plan on getting a new laptop soon--that was my plan all along--but now, won't it be tempting to add on a coulple hundred bucks for some upgrades? And hey, you know my wardrobe could use updating too. Last but not least, here's the kicker. With an extra $1000 and more, wouldn't it be tempting to arrange a getaway to visit Jenny in bonny and beautiful home away from home London?! Soooo unbelievably tempting. Not exactly a good idea to have in my head when I'm still sending out applications and waiting for a miracle teaching job for the fall. ::sigh:: The dangers of getting a promotion.

No comments: