Thursday, May 27, 2004



Burnin down the house

I've been burning like a mo fo lately. Yes, I did have a dream that I set the basement on fire and then put out the flames with my comforter, but I'm not talking about fire. I'm referring to all the wicked CDs I've been burning using my wonderful CD-RW drive. Ah yes, the joys of being able to create and listen to CD mixes of my favorite tunes.

The best part is bringing the CDs to work so I don't have to listen to Spanish polka music, WIXX same old shit that they play over and over and over again, or my same old CDs that tend to be too alternative, punk, or mellow for the tastes of my coworkers.
Sure, I love listening to Inucubus, Death Cab for Cutie, and nameless other musical greats ranging from swing, celtic, musicals, to hard rock. Something just tells me they wouldn't be rocking along to Rent with me. Eh, their loss.

It's not that I don't enjoy listening to tons of different kinds of music; I just don't own that many CDs...I'm cheap AND I'm too chicken to download more music from the internet. Perhaps someday I'll get some more tunes, but for now I'm happy with the sweet additions to my collection from generous friends. Don't worry, I'll make it up to you ;)

No comments: