Monday, May 10, 2004



Feeling shitty and great at the same time

Dudes! I'm getting a Dell! Yep, last night I bit the $1228 and got myself a modestly kick-ass laptop. That means, I'm going from a huge ass heavy, clunky 5-year-old PC with 450 mhz processor, 12 GB hard drive, and 96 MB RAM to a brand-spankin new laptop with 3.02 Pentium 4 HT processor, 30 GB hard drive (like I need anything bigger), 512 MB RAM, and handy CD-RW/DVD. It arrives this week and I am ULTRA excited. I've been wanting a new computer for about 3 years now. I just hope that it arrives alright--not sure how much I like something so precious traveling by mail to my door while I'm away at work. Maybe I should tell my parents about it, hm?

And in other happy news, I GOT MY MN TEACHING LICENSE!!!!! ::high fives all around:: It looks like a shitty green piece of paper that they couldn't even send in a nice big envelope--instead they folded it, and it's just like, a typed out chart saying what level I can teach and shit. Goes to show that WI is just better ;) Then again, this is just a temporary 1 year license that I will have to renew after I take my Praxis II test and some lame ass human relations course (as though I haven't friggen had enough of those). Having this license FINALLY is awesome, though, cuz it means any application from now on can have my MN license file folder number on it and I can say I DO INDEED have a license, so I don't have to write the lame not that I am still in the application process.

Ah yes, good things can happen on days when I feel like crap and decide to cut out of work early.

No comments: