Wednesday, April 14, 2004



Do you want a friggen blood sample too?

I swear to an almighty piece of crap job application system....if I have to friggen fill out another friggen page...You see, I'm working on an application, one of many, for a school district near the Twin Cities. Every district has their own unique application, and as I'm finding, some are short and sweet with 2 pages...except they want a copy of every document I can muster, others are online and fairly simple, and this one I've just been working on...that one takes the cake. And I don't mean cuz it's "cake!" I mean it's the longest fucking application I've ever encountered. Hell, it's probably longer than the contract they'd make me sign.

It started out like any application: name, school history, references. But then, they throw in things like a survey on my training in several teaching aspects, job related experiences and interests, and a FRIGGEN ESSAY SECTION! What is this, a college application?! I thought having to write an Educational Philosophy statement was something I had to do (3 different times) to get INTO the School of Ed, not something I'd have to regurgitate 2 years later in the form of some bullshit screening process.

Granted, the essay section and the added questions and surveys will probably do me more good than harm, since I do lack in teaching experience. It'll be a place for my language skills to shine...or something. But dang it, how indepth does an application have to be? Isn't there such thing as an interview or portfolio later? Are they going to pry into my personal life next? I tell you, I just can't wait to turn to page 13 to find out. Page 13...and I haven't even put down my employment history! Fucking A!

I give up for the night. I thought I could finish it, but man, for some small city, they're sure big on paper work. Looks like I'll be working on that one tomorrow too. I'd probably be better off moving on to another district--heck, I could probably finish two of them in the time it'll take to finish the second half of this one. Anyone else encounter stupid fucking applications like that? Applying for jobs is such an assholic bitch. Or a bitchy asshole. Take your pick :P

No comments: