Tuesday, February 18, 2003

What's going on in Katie's life lately? I know you're just dying to find out. So I'll tell you! Let's see:

V-ball tickets:I got one call back, which got my hopes up...until I realized that the stupid bastards want to scalp those tickets for all they're worth. How do I know that? Well, having them ask, "So how much are you offering to pay for them?" was a bit of a clue. I said, well, "face value 2 of them would be $50." They said, "Well, we bought 4 of them, with 2 extra so we could make a bit of a profit." I said, "Ah, I see. Well I can understand that, for going through the trouble and all. I might be willing to pay a bit more, though it isn't exactly kosher, for your trouble." (at this point I was already disgusted). So he said, "I'll have to check with my friend about it, since he helped pay for them, but I have your number, and I'll get back to you." There was more to the conversation, but whatever. I know I won't be hearing from them, the fuckers. I wish I could just catch them in their act....SCALPING IS ILLEGAL!!!! grrrr

New health kick: Let's just say it's a slow start. I went to hydroaerobics last week, but skipped it last night. I had cake and alcohol on Friday. I didn't do much of anything the rest of the weekend. And I've been still snacking a bit. HOWEVER, I plan on going for a walk or at least going down to the fitness room this evening. AND I have eaten a bit better--trying to have more healthy meals and drinking less soda. And tomorrow I'm going to hydro no matter what...no good quality conversations are going to keep me from trimming up MY ass.

Schoolwork: I feel incredibly lazy in this department, and it's not because I haven't been doing my work. It's more because there really isn't that much work to do yet. Granted, there's some out of class stuff I really should get on top of, like taking care of the 25 clock hours I need to put in working with people in minorities or with disabilities, but it's not due til the end of the semester. Otherwise, I kind of laugh hearing people in class talking about how much reading they HAVE to do...when really it's not that hard...especially compared to past semesters. But then again, I'm an English major--I like reading.

Job: Still haven't gotten a job. But I picked up an application for the Academic Skills Center as a tutor, so we'll see how that goes.

Love life: Same old same old. Been having some good discussions about the past, present and future, and I am trying to have a healthier outlook on the whole romantic part of my life. Like the health regiment, it's going slowly, but I'm at least trying to make some progress. Of course, in many ways I'm still hopelessly stuck, but then, a little dreaming doesn't hurt, as long as it doesn't prevent a person from living....or from driving her friends insane by persistently talking about this guy or that guy.

Future?: Eh, who knows? I think it's all a matter of perspective. Maybe I am rather past-oriented, and sometimes too dreamy...though I think that is a far better fault than consistenly living in the moment, with no regard for past mistakes, future aspirations...or consequences. As Dr. Hanson pointed out in World Lit II today, sometimes, it's those little things, those smallest decisions that are the crucial turningpoints of our lives. I'd like to think that a person can do a little of the steering on those turns herself, if she puts her mind and heart into it.

So now you know...and knowing is half the battle...and more than meets the eye! Of course, my twilight campaign, is easy to explain: there's no case to big, no case too small, and life is like a hurricane, by the power of Greyskull! ;)

No comments: