Wednesday, July 10, 2002

Well Tricia, as far as the Rogue Squadron book/game goes I'm not sure what specific scenes in the book are in the game but I'm thinking that most of the major engagements in the book as far as flying goes are at least basically the source of the missions in the game. I'm about halfway through that book now--I finished Rebel Stand today :) and am continuing with X-Wing: Rogue Squadron. I'm done watching the DBZ videos...which is kind of sad :( The worst part is that I think they really flopped on some of the plot. They could have done so much more with certain parts but they just skipped ahead. Oh well, it's just a cartoon after all--but I like it anyway. The point is, now I have the time and inclination to read, so I am. I'm just not sure how soon I'm going to get to those literary classics I insisted that I'd be reading :P Don't get me wrong, I'll bet they're great books; it's just that when I'm into a series (like SW) I just want to keep going with it and don't like throwing in another book world to contend with the one already established, if you know what I mean. It's like going from one fantasy realm to another and having all the "rules" of the first realm be different from or conflicting from the first one--it just gets on my nerves. For example, goblins in the Tolkien and the D&D fantasy realms are primarily evil, not too bright ugly looking creatures related to orcs VS. goblins in the Harry Potter realm aren't exactly very friendly, but they are intelligent and law abiding. Since Tolkien's views are the dominant ones on most fantasy creatures, it was the Harry Potter ones that got on my nerves. When it comes to things like that, I know an author is free to do whatever he/she wants with the story, but of course there are expectations when using "known" creatures and phenomena. Well, I'd love to babble more on this topic, but I gotta jet. later ;)

No comments: