Thursday, March 24, 2005

We have established contract

At least, I have, for the next school year that is :) Today I signed the contract that officially seals my fate as a full time, permanent basis teacher here in MN. I mentioned the job in one of my last posts, but I'll give a brief description update anyway.

1. Working hours 8:30am-5pm (how often do you find THAT at a high school)
2. Teaching 9th graders of various abilities
3. Starts already this April
4. School is scheduled to grow in the next few years, adding 11, 12, middle, and elementary
5. Staff development workshops and classes will be paid for
6. Possible summer school teacher position
7. Location is about 20 min away (with no gridlock or highway driving!)
8. Full dental and health insurance for about $30-40/mo.
9. First year teacher pay--comporable to metro area public schools (not shabby at all)
10. DEPENDABLE EMPLOYMENT FOR THE FORSEEABLE FUTURE!

All that adds up to one happy Katie :) Let's hope the happiness spreads.

No comments: