Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Suspense Can Bite Me

I've had enough suspense for one day. In fact, how about many days. If I were to watch an Alfred Hitchcock film right now, I think I'd have to puke. No more suspense!

Today I had an interview for a teaching job in St. Paul. Today we are supposed to find out whether or not we have a new apartment. This week I am supposed to wait for another school to call me. Sometime soon Chris will find out if he is offered a job working for the state.

I'm just sick of it! I just want a job and want an apartment and I don't want to have to think about it anymore. And yet probably I'll end up in suspense about both for another month, just to spite my impatient self. ::sigh::

Okay, so my interview went well today. I think my only shortcomings are my two years experience and the fact that I'm very white and interviewed for an all black school. But I STILL came on strong with my other "fish out of water" past job experiences. Dang, I forgot to mention working with all Mexican women. Not that many Spanish skills would come much in handy there. GAH! At this point, I'd be happy working at an ALC in Anoka.

You know, there's a lot of things they train teachers to be, but you never see a class for "Human Baggage to Be Tossed" in the curriculum.

No comments: