Sunday, April 24, 2005

Yesterday, PS2 was such an easy game to play

::sigh:: It's been so long since I've had a nice easy night of game playing. Not that there aren't a gazillion other things I could be doing with my time, and not that I haven't been having plenty of fun. I simply haven't had a lot of down time lately. I could count tonight from this time on as down time, but a few hours before bed just doesn't cut it. I think I need to ask a day off of work this week, just to get the time and ambition to do some major packing for the move this weekend.

Yep, this Saturday's the real deal--moving on back upstairs, this time with a ::gasp:: MALE roommate. This weekend Chris and I did some MAJOR shopping, so we now have some DVD/CD storage shelves, a nearly complete bathroom set, and numerous other little items that are necessary for keeping an apartment in shape.

Sad to say, there is one thing we're missing...Sometime in the last week or so, our landlord took away the massive loveseat that we thought would be forever enshrined in our living room. It was there when Tricia and Rachel moved in, still there when Tricia and I were there, and it was still there for over a month later. It just didn't seem that it would ever leave the apartment. Its inertia was just too great. Honestly, this thing was sturdy enough for two people to sit or lay down on the back of it, and not have the couch tip even slightly. I can't say it was ultra comfortable or anything, but it was just a given, a part of the move in deal. ::sigh::

Oh well, I guess it means we'll have room for more chairs and tables and things in there. Chris and I definitely don't lack for couches. I have my full-length futon, Chris has a full-sized couch, and there are two couches waiting for someone to claim them in my parents' basement. Not to mention, I have two nice sized recliners back in GB as well, plus an older swivel chair that's in great shape. No, Chris and I could fill a house with all of our purchased and hand-me-down furniture. Part of that is because Scott and Jennifer turned their noses up at it, and Chris and Beth don't have room for anything more.

And so, this is my last week in the "rose room" (soon it will most likely be the "sage" room when Jenny gets through with it). I will miss it (especially since it's the best room in the whole housing complex due to its two windows and skyline view), but I'm ready to move on to a place slightly more permanent. Bleah, my luck and I'll be moving again within a year. I hate to say it, but I can't wait to settle in ONE PLACE! This moving every few months thing is a bit more than I can take...now I've done it for two years :P "Always in motion, is the future." Apparently that applies to my furniture too.

No comments: