Saturday, April 30, 2005

April Movers, bring May Apartmenters

Something like that, anyway. Today my parents are coming up from GB to help Chris and I move into the "new" apartment. I say "new" because I was just living in that apartment two months ago. My how the time flies when you're making major career moves.

I'm sure Chris would agree. He now has a full time job with benefits, starting next week...BUT just this Friday, he had a successful interview with ANOTHER company offering a few thousand more a year, that also relates more strongly to his career goals, and they want him to come in for a second interview (slight problem in that the hour of the interview would overlap his new job's hours). And this is all after quitting the part time job he just aquired two months ago that was also a step up from the bank customer service job (that he also just quit). Just a few months ago, he was wondering if he'd ever get a full time job, or any job that related to his field. Now he's swarmed with them. Lucky bastard. Love him, of course.

Alright, enough of the "mushy stuff." Today we're moving, and it isn't going to be pretty. I love my parents dearly, but involve them in any project more complicated than changing a toilet paper roll, and there will be a slew of curse words, raised voices, and plenty of impatience. I'm so happy to say that I have not inherited most of that impatience, although it does surface now and then when I can't find something, I hurt myself, or I'm not feeling well. But it's much more subdued in me...I think.

When we'll be finished today, I haven't a clue. They're supposed to be here around 11am, which means that they'll be here at least a half hour before that, cuz that's how they are. I'm hoping a couple of Chris's friends show up for the move, so that my parents aren't invovled in any of the heavy moving. The queen size bed is going to be a bitch to get up the spiraling stairs to the third floor. I'm just thankful my shite is almost all here on the second floor, or already up there, cutting the workload almost in half.

Hm, better get going. Gotta take a shower (I smell like shite thanks to having a shitty cold the past couple days), stop at the pharmacy, and pick up Chris and some minor items for moving. Fair thee well, until the morrow! Or a week from now, whenever I get off my lazy blogging ass.

No comments: