Sunday, April 03, 2005

Here's the plan, man

The classroom is just about set up. There's a few posters left to put up, plus a calendar and such to get the classroom looking completely ready. I'll take a pic of the finished product and stick it up here for the masses to view. The masses being the 5 people who read this blog, plus the few random folks that stop by now and then when searching for "Interpretation on the line Bivouac of life on the poem Psalm of Life by Longfellow" or "kid giving middle finger, soccer" or the classic "Katie Fridge"....sounds like a Strong Bad email.

This week I don't work...or rather, I WON'T work. I could do some regular subbing this week, and I might later this week if I feel I am prepared enough for next week. But I really need to finish my take home test and get some lessons planned for next week's classes. That may or may not take a lot of time. We shall see. I could use the extra cashola, but then, I could also use the time. Bleah...responsibilities. Will I never escape them?

I shouldn't complain though. I COULD be complaining my ass off about having to search for jobs and fill out bullshit applications for the next 4 months. But no, I actually have a job, and not a bad one either. Poor Lee is just starting down that road...I wish him better luck than I had the first time around. Of course, Math teachers tend to be more in demand, so he'll do fine I'm sure.

OOOOH, on a totally different note, Chris and I actually went on a "date" last night, and it was totally sweet. We went to Little Tiajuana's for some Mexican food, and then headed to the Acadia Cafe to see Jeremy Messersmith and Seventy-two Others, two electric/acoustic sets that really put on a great live show. It's good to see some more "local" talent (72 Others is from Chicago...god I need to get there again sometime). I was a little disappointed that the EP for Seventy-two Others doesn't have the intensity they put into their live peformance, but I've seen that before. Even DNA's Vena Cava tends to drag quite a bit compared to their newest awesome release, Anodyne. But a live show seems to bring out the best in a band, so I'm sure if either or both of them are around, I'll see them again sometime. Anyway, $13 for seeing 2 bands, getting two EP's, a bumper sticker, and an Irish Cream capuccino isn't a bad deal. And for a random pick from the City Pages, I think the night was a success. Perhaps next weekend I'll try another spontaneous place...eenee, meenee, minee, mo...

No comments: