Saturday, January 22, 2005

Just around the corner...

...looms class and a long term sub job. Eeeek. Monday night I get the distinct privilege of starting my night class of Human Relations. What a load of shit. Thankfully, it's only 12 weeks instead of a whole semester, but it's plenty to keep me busy. I just hope there aren't too many bullshit papers to write; I think I had my fill of them getting my BA. As for the sub job, it could happen anytime in the next two weeks, but it's likely to happen sometime later next week. I could hope the baby pops out of her sooner, but then I'd probably rather have her prepared to leave vs. having her lift off in the middle of something.

She seems like a really cool person, and if I wasn't her sub, I'd likely enjoy working with her while I was at the high school. The rest of the staff seems okay so far, but hopefully they'll still be nice and helpful when I NEED help starting out there. The students seem okay too, though the seniors I'll be teaching have quite the, ah...personalities.

On another note, Chris has his driver's license now, which is pretty kick-ass considering how much time I put into teaching him (with a bit of help from Tricia now and then). But he was a good student, and learned quickly enough. It's too bad his fam wasn't there for him back in high school for him to have gotten it then, but at least now he has an option for when he gets a full time job anywhere around the Twin Cities.

Anyway, that's about all for now. I'll let you know when things get interesting...someday.

No comments: