Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Tidings of Comfort and JOY!!!

Just ONE MORE PRESENT to buy and then I am officially finished with Christmas shopping. WHEW! If I had to search one more store for crystal-looking salt and pepper shakers, I was going to vomit. As it is, I didn't end up getting those for my mom, and chose instead a few smaller items that she did and did not ask for. The rest of the presents have been purchased over the last several days, and most of them came directly from Christmas Wish Lists.

Originally, I thought lists were the lamest thing ever. Who wants to go shopping for someone when the person already knows what they're going to get? They may as well just go buy it themselves. Isn't "hint dropping" enough these days? However, after trapsing about the greater Twin Cities region collecting list items a bit at a time, I have to say I'm a bit thankful that I didn't have to put tons of thought into every single friggen gift.

Every year it gets worse. Why does my family have to keep growing? Isn't one nephew enough? But nooooo, someone gets all sparkly-eyed and another kid's on the way, and surely the other brother will follow suit soon. ::sigh:: Just wait til I have in-laws to buy for too. :P

Eh, despite my whining, I do still love the Christmas season. It's sad, I know. But trees, cookies, and Bing just bring out my sappy side. Tis the season, I guess. Tomorrow Chris and I are off to GB for X-mas festivities, and then we're zooming right back to MN on Christmas Day to celebrate with his fam.

So it begins...

No comments: