Thursday, December 02, 2004

Expecting a New Arrival...

More than one, in fact. It turns out September was a very productive time (must be something about being teachers). No, I'm not pregnant. Hell no. Thank GOD hell no. But I know two people who are:

#1. My sister-in-law Beth and my brother Chris are expecting a second bundle of joy, so lucky Matthew gets to be a big brother sometime in June. Whew, as if they weren't busy enough already!

#2. My friend Amy from high school and her hubby Geoff are also expecting their second tyke, so lucky Kate gets to be a big sister. Whoopee!

But there's one more that's expected. Actually, it's an arrival I've anticipated for a while, and (honestly) for which I am much more excited.

#3. JENNY FLIES HOME SATURDAY!!!! :) (Please excuse the excessive use of punctuation. I think Jenny's homecoming warrants the use of two, three, perhaps even FOUR exclamation points.)


Jenny and I on the Eiffel. We took the picture ourselves--classy, eh?

Lucky ME gets to pick her up from the airport that night (and Tricia might come too). We may not be family, but I truly can't wait to be reunited with a person who has proven to be a dear and lasting friend (despite our original obvious differences when we first met 5 years ago). Dude, when you get back, it's party time. I'm talking clubs, I'm talking stovetop popcorn, I'm talking spectacularly intellectual film festivals of BJD, Monty Python, and maybe even Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and, oh yes...I'm talking homemade Parisian Street Style crepes with Nutella.
Welcome home.

No comments: