Thursday, November 18, 2004

The Slacker Returns

Sorry about that. I sort of disappeared for the last week and a half. Things have been a bit busy...sort of.

Most of this week I've been subbing back at CMS again, and last week I was there for 3 days as well. The staff has commented, "It's like you never left." And it's oh so true. Except that I don't have to spend my nights correcting papers or planning for the next day. I get paid $20 less, but for a HELL of a lot less work. For instance, this week I managed to finish Destiny's Way from the Star Wars: New Jedi Order series just from the prep times I had during the school day. Yes, I'm a fast reader, but 2.5 hours a day of free time certainly helps.

Otherwise, I've been hanging out with friends, playing video games, attending the DNA concert last Friday, and helping to throw a Bday party for Chris's friend and roomie, Lee. Tricia and I also created a wonderful Bday care package for Jenni that I just mailed today, so Jenni, you can expect it sometime tomorrow or perhaps Friday. I think you'll enjoy it.

I'm trying to get myself organized now that I have more time. It started with my room and has extended to various tasks I've been avoiding for months: signing up for the Praxis II to get my full MN teaching license, paying bills, getting letters of recommendation, etc.

That reminds me, Friday I have an interview for a junior high school in a Northeastern suburb. It would mean a 30 min drive (approximately) but it could mean a full time job from Christmas to the next school year, possibly beyond. Needless to say, I hope to put on a good show for the interview. I know my experience at CMS has helped me IMMENSELY, so I think this interview will go better than others. However, there is a part time staff member currently at that school who is also applying that may hold precidence over me, an outsider. In that case, only a part time job would be open, which would likely not be worth the drive, nor sacrificing the long term sub job I have pretty much set for the end of Jan. to mid March.

If it wasn't so late, I'd try to make this entry a bit more interesting, with all sorts of "bells and whistles," but that will have to wait for next time. I'm thinking picture, I'm thinking witty commentary, I'm thinking perhaps another load of KRAP. Patience, my friends. All in good time. Like maybe over the weekend.

No comments: