Wednesday, March 17, 2004



I don't wanna be told to grow up

Apparently I'm like a kid again. Not that I claim to have matured much since then, but what I mean is, my brother Scott and his wife Jennifer sometimes seem to be like my adopted parents. Or at least Jennifer mentioned that having me around is kinda like having a kid. I wasn't quite sure how to take that comment, but I took it in stride, figuring there was no harm meant be it.

You see, Scott has been looking out for me for quite a long time, even more so in the last few years. He looks at my life and sees what I've done or not done with my young years and tries to help me do more. Let me give an example: a few years ago, Scott and Jennifer went on vacation to Orlando, Florida and invited me and my boyfriend at the time ::cough::dumbass Mike::cough:: to go along with them. I wasn't sure, since it would mean taking a week off of work, but they bought me a ticket anyway. It turned out that Mike was an idiot and thought that working for a week would be a better idea, (even though I offered to even pay for half his ticket, which wasn't even that expensive) and he wasn't willing to even think of another possibility. I'm still a little disappointed in not going and wasting that plane ticket. What a dork.

Anyways, as I was saying, so Scott tends to try to make sure I enjoy the adventures in life, like when he gave me money towards my time in Aruba and in London. And now that I'm here in town, he does little things for me to include me in activities. When he goes out on the weekend with Jennifer, there are times he invites me along, or even tonight, I went over and played video games with them. They've got me so spoiled that, like Jennifer said, it's like I'm their adopted kid. Though I'd rather think of myself as a kid sister. "Kid Sister (Kid Sister), Kid Sister (Kid Sister)...Kid Sister and me!"

Eh, just wait until they actually DO have kids. Those are going to be some spoiled but good little tykes, I tell you that. Who knows when that will be, though they are talking about it for possibly after they buy a house this summer. The world is turning and turning.

My oldest brother Christopher turns 30 this April, and coincidently, my boyfriend Chris turns 23 the day after. And me, I'm still searching for jobs in MN so I can get my ass over there as soon as possible. I wish I had more money saved up to start with, but I guess thankfully, after this Friday, I'll be able to pay off the last of my credit card bills from my European travels and such. Then I'll be at zero and ready to work up from there. Anything from that moment on will be my savings for the summer and fall. I just have to work enough and make enough to be able to get the things I want and need. But hey, I'll sacrifice a new laptop if it means getting out there sooner. May not sound like much, but it's been something I've been wanting for quite a long time. Let's just say there's a little something else I want just a bit more :)

So there's an update for you. Disjointed and not particularly well-written;however, at this point, I'm just amused that I finally got around to blogging again. There's just so many other things to do at home. ... Woah, did I just say that? Hm...maybe it IS a good thing I've got a physical coming up next month--there's gotta be something wrong with me. Seriously though, with family, an occasional friend, work, video games, internet, and the endless process of upkeeping my room and house...blogging just isn't hitting to top of my things to do. It also doesn't help that, well, I've just been doing a lot of trivial things, nothing to really "write home about." I get up, go to work, go home, eat dinner, find something to do for the evening, watch amime from 11-12, and go to bed. Exciting, hm? Yeah, exactly.

But hey, I've been tooling around with the idea of (oh stop that--you know what I mean) bring back to life a new and improved brand-spanking-new edition of KRAP. That whet your appettite? (oh come on--geez) Personally, I think it sounds like a plan.

No comments: