Thursday, March 25, 2004



Halleluja! Halleluja! Halleluja, Halleluja, Halleeeeluja!

Praise be to whatever higher being/existence that we may or may not believe in! For I have actually accomplished something! What is it you ask? All in good time, my friends.

You see, I think I've reached the breaking point. I am at the point where I would do anything, even the unthinkable, to avoid the extremely time-consuming, annoying, and completely pivotal task of applying for fall teaching jobs. Don't get me wrong; I WANT a job, I NEED a job, and I want to know that I HAVE a job as soon as possible. However, it's taking all the motivation I don't have to go about the business of searching and applying. I mean, geez, remember my edition of KRAP devoted to a dissertation on procrastination? Even THAT writing was just to avoid school work. So you see, I will find just about any activity to take the place of job searching. Today it was finally taking our obese (well one is for sure) dogs for a walk. Tomorrow, who knows.

Take these fine examples of my latest procrastination (in order of least to greatest desperation):
*Baldur's Gate II for PS2--Not only did I spend countless hours (okay, 17:36) playing the game; I beat the game and started over again to try and kick more ass in EXTREME MODE.

*Family QT--Lately I've been hanging out with my family a lot more frequently. Whether it be going out to the bars, playing/swearing at Mario Kart, or watching a movie together, it's brought us closer together.

*Anime--I started out just watching and taping Inuyasha, but now I'm totally hooked on Robin: Witch Hunter as well, not to mention I typically tune in to Family Guy and Futurama too since they come on right before the others. I'm such a dork sometimes. (Don't even think about commenting on that one :P )

*Cleaning my room--When on earth did I convert from a staunch believer in cleaning only in life or death situations to someone who actually enjoys organizing her crap?

*Campaigning--I have no idea what could compel me to volunteer so much time helping my dad with his local political campaign. It's either the father-daughter bond ::cough:: guilt trip ::cough:: or I like the exercise...( I think we all know the answer to that one).

Perhaps now that I've blogged about it, I've gotten it all out of my system, and I can start working in ernest on my job applications. Oh crap...but wasn't blogging just another medium for procrastination. Shit.

No comments: